Thursday, March 17, 2011

Haiku















Pampas grass, now dry,

once bent this way

and that.

~Shoro

I believe that every person has the ability to be a poet, whether you think you can or not. ~Jane Reichhold
We are hoping to include some really beautiful haiku in New Sun Rising. I am a huge fan of the form, and I jump at any opportunity to evangelize about how meaningful haiku can be in your life. It truly is a total experience, and can lead to a whole new way of looking at the world.

If you've never tried it before, why not give it a shot now? What better way to help than to contribute something which also honors the Japanese culture?

I thought it would be a good idea to post a few helpful haiku links. You can find tons of wonderful information at Jane Reichhold's Aha Poetry site. I wrote an essay which people seem to find helpful and it is at Escape Into Life.

You also have:

The Haiku Society of America, Modern Haiku Magazine, Frogpond and Acorn.

And if you can take the time to watch this video featuring Jane Reichhold, I believe you'll find yourself rewarded in so many ways.